If you live in a country which is not a member of the European Economic Area, the collection of your personal data will be governed by the privacy laws of the state of California.
The controller is TRADUCCIONES LEXIC, S.L., with address at PASEO DEL FERROCARRIL, 339 2o 4a, 08860 CASTELLDEFELS, BARCELONA. To contact the controller's representative, you can email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Not providing information marked as mandatory may mean we will be unable to manage your user registration or the use of certain services available on the Platform. You must be over 16 years of age to sign up and browse the Platform. LEXIC may use your personal information to check your age and ensure compliance with this restriction.
2. Legal grounds for processing your personal data
The collection and processing of your personal data is mainly based on the contractual and/or precontractual relationship you have with us. When we send you our newsletters or when we use the email address you have provided to contact you in a personalised way or to recognise you on your next visit, we rely on your informed consent. The processing of the information collected by our cookies is based on the informed consent you give us, in accordance with the legislation in force.
3. Personal information we collect
To register on the Platform and be able to identify you we will ask you to provide us with your name, email address, town/city, etc.
When you visit or use our services, we collect data such as frequency of use, dates and times that you access the services, when you view or click specific content, your course preferences, projects you share or content you publish. We use login records when you read our emails and Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to identify you and record your use on the Platform.
We do not take automated decisions based on profiles, beyond the personalisation of advertising and legitimate prevention of fraud on the Internet.
TRADUCCIONES LEXIC, S.L., as controller, will process your personal data with the following purposes:
1. Manage your registration as a Platform user to identify you and give you access to the services you have available as a registered user of the Platform.
2. Contact you via email in relation to updates or newsletters, including security updates of the Platform, as long as this is necessary or reasonable for your execution.
3. Respond to your requests or enquiries using the customer service channels available on our Platform.
4. Generate aggregate data that does not identify you. For example, to generate statistics on our users.
If you do not want to receive certain communications, you can cancel your subscription to the notifications by following the directions provided in each communication.
6. Time limit for the storage of data
We will keep your personal data for the duration of the contractual relationship with us and, when terminated, during the time limits of the obligations that may have originated from the processing of the data and/or the legally established time limits.
7. Recipients of the data
• Service providers: to provide services on our behalf or to help us with the services we provide you with. For example, we contract service providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and information technology services to personalise and optimise our service, to provide customer services, to analyse and improve data (such as, for example, data on user interactions with our service) and to process and administer satisfaction surveys. For an efficient service, these partners and service providers may be located in the United States or other countries or territories outside the European Economic Area that do not provide a level of data protection comparable to that of your country or, as the case may be, to that of the European Union.
8. Data protection rights
As controller, we agree to observe the confidentiality of your personal data and to ensure the exercise of your rights. You can exercise the following rights at all times:
1. Right of access. You have the right to confirm whether or not we are processing your personal data and, if so, to obtain a copy of the data and full information on the processing.
2. Right to rectification. You have the right to correct errors, modify inaccurate or incomplete data and ensure the accuracy of the information subject to processing.
3. Right to erasure. You have the right to request the erasure of your data without undue delay in the event that the processing is unlawful or the purpose which led to its processing or collection no longer exists.
4. Right to restriction of processing. You have the right to request restriction of the processing in the event that it is unlawful or the data accuracy is contested.
5. Right to object. You have the right to object to the processing of your data when its purpose is direct marketing or when you need to stop the processing for reasons related to your particular situation unless the controller demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds or it is necessary for the exercise or defence of legal claims.
6. Right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects or affects you, unless it is necessary for the performance of a contract, is permitted by law or you have given your explicit consent.
To exercise these rights please email email@example.com, clearly stating your identity, with an indication of, at least, your full name and the email address you used to register as well as a document proving your identity, and the right or rights you are exercising.
You can contact the supervisory authority in your country for any claim and to request the protection of your rights, if appropriate. The exercise of these rights is free of charge, unless manifestly unfounded or excessive requests are formulated, in which case you may be required to assume the cost of processing.